[pam-users] Associate Instrument Scientist opportunity at Aerodyne Research, Inc.

pam-users aerodyne-pam-users at lists.aerodyne.com
Mon Aug 7 16:19:44 EDT 2023

Aerodyne Research, Inc. (ARI) provides research and development (R&D) services and  state-of-the-art research instrumentation to customers and collaborators around the world in the fields of climate change, air quality, and atmospheric chemistry. We are seeking a bachelor's or master's level Associate Instrument Scientist to join our instrument production team at our Billerica, MA headquarters. This is a hands-on role ideal for someone with a passion for building things and making them work.

Responsibilities

  *   Pre-delivery assembly and testing of Aerodyne instrumentation, with a primary focus on reactors and sampling inlets, including our Potential Aerosol Mass oxidation flow reactor (PAM-OFR), Nitrate Reactor, Filter Inlet for Gases and Aerosols (FIGAERO), and Vocus Inlet for Aerosols (VIA) and associated mass spectrometers
  *   Calibration and documentation of new and repaired instruments, instrument test procedures, and results from calibration/testing
  *   Laboratory characterization of instrument performance for prototyping and internal R&D applications
  *   Potential travel for field installation, training, and service of instruments delivered to customers
  *   Support of customers via email, meetings, and remote computer control

Qualifications

  *   A bachelor's or master's degree in physical science, engineering, or a related field
  *   Experience operating complex scientific instrumentation
  *   Motivation to become a subject matter expert on measurements of atmospheric gases and particles
  *   Strong oral and written communication skills
  *   Works well in team environment
  *   Basic computer skills, such as proficiency with Microsoft Office or G Suite/Google Workspace are required, experience or interest in software development is desired
  *   Knowledge of basic electronics is desirable

We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit programs, including an ESOP. Please send your resume and salary requirements in confidence to hr at aerodyne.com<mailto:hr at aerodyne.com>. We are an equal opportunity employer/veterans/disability.

Andrew Lambe
Principal Scientist
Aerodyne Research, Inc.