[pam-users] Postdoctoral position in atmospheric chemistry and aerosols at UBC

pam-users aerodyne-pam-users at lists.aerodyne.com
Wed Aug 9 14:30:49 EDT 2023

Postdoctoral position in atmospheric chemistry and aerosols at UBC:
A postdoctoral position in atmospheric chemistry and aerosols with Prof.
Allan Bertram is available at the University of British Columbia (UBC). The
successful candidate will study "Physicochemical properties of forest fire
smoke", including multiphase chemistry, viscosity, and cloud nucleating
ability. Methods will include oxidation flow reactors. A Ph.D. in chemistry,
physics, atmospheric sciences, or a related discipline is required. The
position is available immediately. For additional information, please
contact Prof. Allan Bertram (bertram at chem.ubc.ca
<mailto:Bertram at chem.ubc.ca> ).

How to Apply:
The application must include a cover letter (including a description of your
research interests and career goals), a CV, and the contact information of
two references to support the candidacy. Review of applications will begin
immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications should
be sent to facultysupport at chem.ubc.ca <mailto:facultysupport at chem.ubc.ca> .

Equity and diversity are essential to academic excellence. An open and
diverse community fosters the inclusion of voices that have been
underrepresented or discouraged. We encourage applications from members of
groups that have been marginalized on any grounds enumerated under the B.C.
Human Rights Code, including sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, racialization, disability, political belief, religion, marital
or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or
Indigenous person. We welcome colleagues with experiences and competencies
that can contribute to our principles of inclusion, equity, and diversity
throughout campus life.

Additional details:
Employer: University of British Columba
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Job type: Postdoctoral Fellow
Term: Full time, one year, with the possibility for renewal up to a total of
3 years
Allan Bertram (He, Him, His
<https://equity.ubc.ca/resources/gender-diversity/pronouns/> )
Professor of Chemistry
Faculty of Science | Department of Chemistry
The University of British Columbia | Vancouver Campus
2036 Main Mall | Vancouver BC | V6T 1Z1 Canada
Phone 604 822 2113
bertram at chem.ubc.ca <mailto:bertram at chem.ubc.ca>